Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Search is over!



After days of thinking, wondering if I would ever see it again, I finally found the wonderful movie that I had seem on TCM in amazon for sale! The name of the movie is "Au Revoir Les Enfants", and the setting is around the world war 2 period in France. It tells the tale of a french boy whose mother enrolls him in a all boys boarding school. He is very lonely there until he meets another boy named Julian. At first he just teases him, but soon towards the middle-end of the movie they become friends.But he does not know Julian's biggest secret, he's a Jew!. The whole movie is really touch and sad, especially when Julian's secret is revealed. I highly recommend it.Its only twenty dollars, so maybe I should ask my parents to get it for my 17th birthday...

No comments: