Sunday, May 17, 2009

Silent movies



Movies have always been an activity that I have enjoyed for many years now.And I am a big history buff,so it would make perfect sense that I'd love silent movies as well. It's just interesting to watch one and see what the culture was like and how people experienced life in motion instead of reading it from a history book.I just wish that I could have been around during that time so I could watch the other 80% percent of the films that were destroyed and lost (I mean nitrate film, really?). It's also really cute how all the women look that human baby doll, when I was younger, I didn't notice that at all. To add to that I also found on wikipedia that the old films we see today are slow than in the 1910s and 1920s, which really gives you a different feel. I can see why most of the films that people like to watch on TCM are comedy, because you don't need words to make people laugh, just huge movement.

No comments: